Meeting “American Idol” David Cook
I must admit: I like to meet famous people.
It doesn’t matter what they’re “famous” for, I just enjoy talking with people who have carved an identity for the masses.
I don’t get awe-struck. I don’t go ga-ga.
(Meeting Brett Favre one-on-one August of 2005 still remains the exception)
I just enjoy the interaction.
I mentioned in my previous entry that my wife and I would have the chance to meet David and his bandmates.
From left to right: Neal, Joey, my lovely wife-April, David, myself, Kyle and Andy.
Notice a few things:
1). I’m wearing a KC Royals hat.
2). Neal is holding a baseball.
3). April is holding two (2) photos.
4). Sunglasses are hip.
5). I have a special pass affixed to my left thigh.
6). David looks the part.
- I’m wearing the Royals hat because David Cook was raised in Missouri and remains an avid KC Royals fan.
- Neal is holding the baseball because I had everyone in the band sign it.
- April, the kind and generous soul that she is, picked two young girls out of the crowd who were standing behind a barricade trying to get an autograph with their Mother (made impossible by security).
Hence, the two signed photos in her hand. Yay for April!!! Boy, do I love her.
- Sunglasses? Everyone’s wearing ‘em.
- The backstage pass allowed us past the big, beefy security guards.
Why are you covering yours up, April??
- His look says it all.
After exchanging some baseball chatter and some handshakes, we parted ways.
(I told David if he sees the yellow shirted home run catcher snag Jose Guillen’s 200th career homer on ESPN-it’s me.
The band put on a great show. If you like a little new age rock, I would highly recommend seeing them perform.